Saturday, May 17, 2008

Continued or Extended Thought


Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to you. Psalm 19.




http://www.dictionary.com/ says that mediations means:




  • continued or extended thought; reflection; contemplation.


I have always thought of this verse as a "DO NOT" verse. As in, "do not meditate on that which you lust for" etc.



Today I am hit with a sweet truth that this verse and its meaning unlocks some sweet goodies for God-seekers. I feel like this verse gives me permission to indulge in the treasures of God's Truth for his beloved daughters & sons. It grants us unsolicited permission to think about God's unconditional love for us...

...over and over and over.

Is this even allowed?! As I sat down at my desk at work I felt like I'd stumbled across a forbidden treasure: abundance!



I often have noticed that the meditations of my heart/mind run through thought patterns that include, "I lack" and "I want" and "if only" and "I wish" (yes, there are lots of them!)



Today I practiced meditating on phrases that start with "I have"



Psalm 42 states that each day God commands his steadfast love over us and that at night his song is being sung over me. As took a step of faith today and believed that his love was actually surrounding me throughout the day (over and over and over), I was humbled.



Gracious God & Friend, overwhelm us & show us the abundance that you have for us to live out of. Thanks.



No comments: