
(cc)
So you know that larger nanny lady on TV? She has this large blonde bee-hive bun for a hairdo. She looks ridiculous! Next, I looked out the window as this nerdy looking guy walked past with a weird geeky spring in his step.
There are some weird looking people out there! There are many people who I judge as being uncool b/c they are stuck in the 80's, or they talk funny, or they are socially awkward, or they have very strange opinions (to name a few!)
This is what I felt Jesus saying to me later:
“I love the differences in which people think & look. I love how different people function. You may laugh or poke fun, but I give glory to the Father”
You see, God’s been trying to teach me how to see things like he does. I have always been fascinated by different cultures and welcomed their differences. However, when it comes to my own culture, I am way less accepting…so, here's a toast to the socially awkward, to those who don't keep up with the lastest fashion, to the man with chronic B.O, to the lady with hairy arms, legs, and armpits, to the geek with acne and shuffling feet...
There are some weird looking people out there! There are many people who I judge as being uncool b/c they are stuck in the 80's, or they talk funny, or they are socially awkward, or they have very strange opinions (to name a few!)
This is what I felt Jesus saying to me later:
“I love the differences in which people think & look. I love how different people function. You may laugh or poke fun, but I give glory to the Father”
You see, God’s been trying to teach me how to see things like he does. I have always been fascinated by different cultures and welcomed their differences. However, when it comes to my own culture, I am way less accepting…so, here's a toast to the socially awkward, to those who don't keep up with the lastest fashion, to the man with chronic B.O, to the lady with hairy arms, legs, and armpits, to the geek with acne and shuffling feet...
Grant us Your Eyes.
1 comment:
I'll toast to that.
Post a Comment