I'm a little late on the draw here as I'm sure everyone knows we had our first child already. Anyways...announcing Luke Samuel Donovan! 8 lbs 12 ounces came out of my little body!! Giving birth to this little guy was one of the most incredibly amazing/miraculous experiences ever. When I told this to the public health nurse, she inquired, "You didn't have any pain??!" Interesting that we associate "no pain" with an incredible experience. Our culture seems to try to avoid pain at all costs eh? Things like pain in childbirth, healing from an addiction, and allowing Jesus to transform us to be less selfish is very painful, but it is a beautiful pain, a pain that takes us down transforming pathways...
So here is a toast to the feelings we'd rather avoid "

4 comments:
He is stunning! Thanks for sharing pics...although I already got a glimpse on Dono's blog.
Way to go on trusting your body and allowing it to birth your little baby. I think too often we want to do things the easy way but, as you now know, doing it the 'hard way' was more then worth the pain. I'm so happy to hear that you have fond thoughts of your birthing experience! Bless you guys...and see you soon!
Kristin
(I will pass on any info that I have in regards to immunizations and talk with you in person too)
thanks for posting pics andrea! he is such a handsome little guy. he actually reminds me a LOT of his uncle mark. same furrowed brow, i think. :) i do hope to meet him soon...
A thousand CONGRATULATIONS! :)
He is stunning!
I can hardly wait to meet him in person :)
He already looks TOTALLY different! A little cutie, who's just getting cuter! Looks like he's packing on the pounds....way to go mom!
Post a Comment