(cc)I hope that this scripture entry won't be too boring. I often wonder if those who have grown up in a churchy community tune out whenever scripture is quoted. I wonder this because it is what I have done millions of times.
Today I am fascinated by some verses where Jesus is stating what will happen when the new plan (or covenant) comes into order:
This verse is addressed to the house of Israel, which I'm guessing means everyone (?):
I will put my laws in their minds, and write them on their hearts...they shall not teach one another, or say to each other, 'Know the Lord,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest (Hebrews 8 & Jeremiah 31)
I will put my laws in their minds, and write them on their hearts...they shall not teach one another, or say to each other, 'Know the Lord,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest (Hebrews 8 & Jeremiah 31)
So, Jesus used to write his law on stone. Now it is programmed into our hearts. Does this mean eventhough some people have not been taught about him, they already have an inner knowledge of Him? If so, this would change my prayers from, "Help them know You, Jesus" to "Activate their already embedded knowledge of you".
-curious & fascinated
1 comment:
I'm tracking with this idea! If we believe what it says in John 10 of his sheep knowing his voice, then it must be programmed into us from the very beginning. Like infants who recognize their mothers' voice because they have been hearing it since they were in the womb...
-C.
Post a Comment