I haven't written in awhile due to Christmas and a lovely trip to Costa Rica, which was a time of warmth, eating fresh fruit, at least a fresh fruit smoothie a day, practicing spanish, lots of iced decaf mochas, beach & jungle walks, etc. (it is very easy to eat local out there!).
My latest goal and motivation since being home is simply to cook and eat nutritiously. Now that I have energy, it feels like such a gift to be able to bake/cook. It's remarkable how much time it takes to plan out the week's menu, shop, and then make it all. But, I figure it is a worthy task seeing there is a little one inside of me taking in everything I am. Food is disappearing way faster than before pregnancy, so the food budget has had to expand, but if any budget expands because of nutrition I feel it is a worthy department to put more money into.
This weeks menu: bean/veggie wraps, spicy cheese-chicken-tortillini, veggie stirfry, chickpea salad (just had this in Costa Rica with tomato, onion, cilantro, & lime: simple and good), parmesean potatoes, cinnamon rolls, and lots of raw veggies and dip.
Wishing you a nutrient dense day!
4 comments:
Can I come and eat with you??? Sounds so tasty - all of it! Where do you find your recipes?
hooray!! i missed your blog posts!! and feel free to pass recipes on...i know that takes time too...but they all sound so good!!
i saw a very good recipe on my latest fav...mennonitegirlscancook.com of a greek salad that i hope to try when we get back...along with lots of other good food to help february pass more quickly!!
dar
Andrea, is the picture of your veggie stir fry?
no this is the bean veggie wraps
Post a Comment