I have to express my delight over the 12 1/2 hr sleep I just had. Wow! I feel like a million bucks!
Anyways-- on to more holy things (just jokes…sleep is a very holy practice). I’ve been reading and thinking about Luke 1 over the last week. It’s absolutely incredible! There are so many rich nutrients in this chapter. Perhaps as a pregnant woman I am a lot more enthralled with Mary & Elizabeth’s fears and journey of faith in their own pregnancies.
Even before [John’s] birth, he will be filled with the Holy Spirit. Verse 15b.
Even before his birth? Filled with the Spirit? May this be so for my own child and those who are pregnant right now.
With the spirit and power of Elijah he [John, Elizabeth’s baby] will go before [Jesus] to turn the hearts of parents to their children, and kindle devout understanding among hardened skeptics—he’ll get the people ready for God. Verses 16-17
A few families come to mind as I read over this one. What a beautiful prayer. May the Spirit of Elijah, one that softens parents hearts towards their kids, be powerfully present in the homes of those whose hearts are elsewhere. Come Spirit who dwelt in Elijah and kindle understanding among the hardened skeptics in our churches and communities.
Ready us for You.
2 comments:
wow. being filled with the spirit before his birth is quite something. thanks for this.
Which translation are you reading here Andrea?? I love it!
(particularily vs 16-17)
Kendra
Post a Comment