
I thank you Lord Jesus for becoming finite and limited so I do not have to pretend that I am infinite and limitless. I thank-you for becoming weak, so I don’t have to be strong (Rohr).
Ok guys, I think I may be the biggest pregnant wimp there is! I’m so accustomed to feeling nice and comfortable in my body that when I don’t feel good I am often tempted to go to the extreme of giving up. The other day on facebook a friend wrote that “everybody who is pregnant should be happy!”….I felt like yelling obscene things at her…
I listened to a beautiful podcast by a 92 yr old woman the other day. She said God’s plan for us today is to mold us more into who He is; our job is to hang on to Him while He is doing this. We cannot produce joy, patience, or love in our lives, that is His job, our job is to hang on to Him & to make ourselves at home in His Love.
Using the passage of the Vine and the Branches a particular tidbit stuck out to me. She stated that some branches must be tied down (or limited) in order to produce good fruit. She specifically highlighted how she at 92 was very limited physically in her body and how parents with young toddlers may feel this way too.
And so the struggle for me is to receive each day as it is.
Father, may you teach us (specifically ME!) to live one day at a time. May you help us notice the grace and mercy you have for us daily.
Ok guys, I think I may be the biggest pregnant wimp there is! I’m so accustomed to feeling nice and comfortable in my body that when I don’t feel good I am often tempted to go to the extreme of giving up. The other day on facebook a friend wrote that “everybody who is pregnant should be happy!”….I felt like yelling obscene things at her…
I listened to a beautiful podcast by a 92 yr old woman the other day. She said God’s plan for us today is to mold us more into who He is; our job is to hang on to Him while He is doing this. We cannot produce joy, patience, or love in our lives, that is His job, our job is to hang on to Him & to make ourselves at home in His Love.
Using the passage of the Vine and the Branches a particular tidbit stuck out to me. She stated that some branches must be tied down (or limited) in order to produce good fruit. She specifically highlighted how she at 92 was very limited physically in her body and how parents with young toddlers may feel this way too.
And so the struggle for me is to receive each day as it is.
Father, may you teach us (specifically ME!) to live one day at a time. May you help us notice the grace and mercy you have for us daily.
1 comment:
it is hard to hear generalizations like that ("everyone should be _____"). remember that your body is going through a lot, your hormones are taking a beating, and each pregnancy is different from one person to another! you're unique and so your experience will be too. i'm so glad to see your continued desire to rely on God when you're feeling not so great.
hugs.
Post a Comment