Monday, January 4, 2010

10-Day Log

I had no idea motherhood was so consuming. I also had no clue I could function on so little sleep…the body really is amazing

As many of you know, my son does not sleep. Usually not more than 2 hours at a time. Before Christmas we experienced a miracle, he slept for one shift of 4-5 hours long for about a week and a half! However, with all the hustle and bustle of Christmas this pattern was quickly broken…I’m still trying to get over this one.

I have started a 10 day plan (based on Elizabeth Pantley’s The No Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep) of sticking to a routine as best as I can with him. Right now my goal is to get him to sleep on his own mattress during naps and during the night. Usually he is held for naps & he usually sleeps with me in bed & I’m finding that this isn’t sustainable for us anymore.

I’m on day 3. So far today he has napped longer than his naps on day 1 & 2, so that’s encouraging. Night-wise, we had our worst night last night…3 hours of being awake & 2 of those were spent crying…I think our little one has developed a temper…so the good news is that this next night can only get better!!

I’ll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Wow Andrea that is hard! I have been there too. Babies/kids crave consistency from the time they are born so I hope that this works for you!