Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 9




Day 9 has me feeling mostly tired but hopeful.

The last two nights have different highlights. Friday night Luke only woke up 4-5 times (his average is about 8 times), however, last night Luke woke up 10 times, but had his longest sleeping stretch yet (3 ½ hours). Napping was excellent yesterday but not so much today.

We still have no ability to predict how naps or nights will go, but we have definitely seen improvements in his sleeping habits. Sticking with a routine proved to be a helpful decision.

The next 10 days we will try to shorten the nap routine (it usually takes us about 20 min to get him down) & put him in his bed BEFORE he falls asleep. Yaaa…more challenges ahead, but there would be anyway, right parents??!!

Anybody have advice on how to move Luke’s bedtime to a later hour?? He gets sleepy by 7 but has so much awake time during the night, it seems he’s in bed too long.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

HI Andrea
I have always found that the more they sleep during the day the more they sleep at night. We have always put our kids to bed at about 7:30 and it is not too much sleep. At this age Coden is awake for 1 1/2 hrs then naps for 2 hours and carries that routine all day and goes to bed for the night at 8:00 and wakes at 7:00 in the morning for the day. All of my other littles have only been capable of staying awake (and happy) for one hour at a time then napped for 2 hours at this age. Nap,feeds and wake time are always in that order and are predictable for me and baby. Just my $.02 worth.

Sawatzky family said...

You guys are doing great! :)
I know that with all three of our kids their sleeping schedule dictated our whole life becasue it was so vital for them and me ;0 that they sleep. It was only this past year when Wyatt turned three that I relaxed on his napping schedule. We started right from birth with ours sleeping in their own bed and at about 1 month we did not hold them to get them to sleep I wanted them to be able to fall asleep on their own. You guys are on the right track with this sysytem you are using. I was a let them cry it out kinda mom so I don't think my advice would help much lol! Kids are amazing little adapters and I know that some "tuff" love in the sleeping department will only be a benefit for you guys :)
Keep up the routine and it will get easier!
Praying grace and sleep for you all.
Have you tried going in when he is sleeping to lay hands on him and pray sleep over him?
Very Cute pics to by the way!
What a sweetie!

christal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Klippensteins said...

I just want to encourage you guys. I can tell you are truly trying to find the most loving way to help Luke sleep. I know it must seem to be taking forever to get past this stage. Keep up the good work.

christal said...

aw, just look at those legs!! i must say, i think nadia is starting to catch up in the pudgy leg department! i LOVE it!! :)