Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Body Justice

Last week Amy and I got together to make (ahem): Face Cleanser, toner, moisterizer, hand soap, lip balm, mouthwash, & bum spray (for Dono of course...ok just jokes for Lukey). We ordered a recipe book from Amy's hero http://angrychicken.typepad.com/ and went hard. We have ordered most of our ingredients from http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/ (awesome website!!), Aveda (they have great Essential Oils), Tiber River (Manitoba-made body products), and health food stores.



Pictured above is our homemade handsoap. We did the easy way of melting soap flakes in hot water, adding glycerin and essential oil. I scented mine Rosemary & love it. My favourite thing about it is that it doesn't dry your skin out.
The facial oil and toner are our favourites. The Toner is mainly chamomile tea and an essential oil, we used ylang-ylang, a refreshing scent. I highly recommend it. The facial oil was basically almond oil with your choice of essential oil. If you want to sample any let me know. It's cost effective, products are fairly traded (to my knowledge) & it's an empowering way to be in control of your own body products.

Next up, Amy & I are going to attempt to sow, grow, & harvest our own herbs this summer...wish us luck!










2 comments:

christal said...

looks and sounds fabulous!! i hope to check some of your stuff out tomorrow. :)

Candice said...

You two are out of control. I love it!