(Drumroll please)
On Luke's first birthday, May 21, we went to go see a Homeopath about his eczema & sleep issues. His remedy was as follows:
- Colic remedy in the morning to aid digestion (sleep & skin related)
- 2 stomach massages per day to aid digestion
- No naps longer than 30 minutes (I thought this was crazy!)
- Calming/Sleep remedy around 5 pm
- Sleep training: Letting him cry 5 minutes, saying our cue word, "night-night" which he clearly understands (3 cycles of this till 15 min at which we would rub his back and say our cue word again. Repeat over & over till asleep)
- Nursing once a night
The first two nights the longest session of sleep training lasted 1 - 1/2 hours. I thought it would be way worse! Anyways, previously I would go to Luke anywhere from 5-10x/night. Now, I go to him once in the night & that is only to nurse. If he fusses at night, it is only for a couple of minutes (we leave multiple soothers in his crib) & he resolves it himself! Who is this kid!!!
Like I said, Miracle on 4th Ave. Thank the good Lord! Our lives have changed dramatically for the past 5 nights and we are still in shock...
3 comments:
WOW!!!!! what great news!! did you find yourself waking up more than him the first night, or did you just conk out and enjoy every last wink? i'm so happy to hear this, A.!!! :)
WOW! So glad to hear the good news... you deserve it! I bet it will only keep improving as time goes on! Although the naps are interesting... does he only need a little bit of sleep during the day? Must be nice to have some answers!
YEAH!!! That is so fantastic!
Praise the Lord!
Post a Comment