Saturday, April 2, 2011

Reboot

11 days ago I started a 3-week detox ordered by my Naturopath. Carol Morley wrote the book pictured above. It comes complete with grocery lists, menu, and all the recipes. The meals are very tasty: jalapeno chicken, sweet potato fries, squash soup, blue pineapple smoothies... Eventhough the meals are delicious I have missed my breads, oats, and sweets.

Next it was off to Moose Lake with friend Darlene for a silent retreat. My first night away from the Lukester!! This sign says it all. My first morning sleeping in since Luke!!!
Our getaway.

The silence of being in nature was indisputably what spoke to me the most. I couldn't believe how this created space in my mind & spirit from all the jumbo of everyday life. Nature & Silence. Mmmmm...
And then there was the beautiful glow and rhythm of our fireplace. Since fall I have made a point of going away 1 day a month for a day of retreat and silence. I cannot emphasize how restoring this is. It grants me a perspective that I cannot seem to reach in my everyday surroundings.
When I came home, Luke's arm was in a little tensor bandage (should've taken a pic it was very cute), Dono had been swinging him around and his elbow was pulled out of the socket. The doc gave dad a nice lecture (as if he didn't feel bad enough!) how we are never to pull kids up by their arms. Ooops!

No comments: