One thing most of us in the Loewen family share is a love of food. Dad remembers locations he has travelled to based on which food made an impact on him. We were supposed to fly to Florida on my dad's b-day, but Grandma had a heart-attack so we stayed home. We decided last minute to whip up a feast for our much derserving father.
If there is one word I would use to describe my dad it would be faithful. He is faithful in the ordinary-small things & faithful in the extraordinary-big things. I have been a very lucky daughter in having him attend every sports & music event along with daily play rituals of the after-supper-wrestling-match to the bedtime routines of playing "KGB" "Rodney & Wilma" (These were the names of tickling worms that visited us from Gretna) "The Hotdog" & many more. All of us kids live to witness my dad during a laugh-attack (namely during movies), nothing is sweeter than seeing tears roll down his face as he gasps for air. And on the flip side, he has such a sensitive heart, especially for kids...in his retirement he finds himself volunteering at Roseau school.
Ode to my father, I love you!
3 comments:
What a great tribute to Warren! A very Happy Birthday to him!
The feast you guys prepared for him looked amazing!! You guys know how to go all out. Homemade linguini noodles... :)
p.s. Your new blog layout looks great!
I see A LOT of love in those photos..what a wonderful celebration!
Post a Comment