Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Ultimate Prayer Guy

I am 11 weeks pregnant as of tomorrow! Throughout my pregnancy I have been very intentional about bringing every worry to Jesus. (I wish I would be this intentional on hearing what he has to say in other areas!) This last time I brought a concern to him, I had a picture of us sitting by a river with my community, just chillin'.

Side note: Already, I have been so blessed to have family and friends that have made me countless meals, been excited with me, driven me to my classes, and listen to me ramble on about my pregnancy woes. I already feel like this baby belongs to my community, more than me!

I don't know if I've ever asked Jesus to pray for me, but for some reason I turned to Jesus and asked if he would pray over my womb and for my baby, er, his baby. "All" he did was lay his hand on my womb. I felt so incredibly secure having Jesus, the ultimate prayer guy, pray over me. Why have I not asked this of him before?! He prays the best prayers ever & exactly in accordance with his will for me and this little guy inside of me. Hokey Coolness!

"And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." Romans 8:27

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!

3 comments:

Annika said...

I've been checking your blog for a new post the last few days, and was happy when I saw a new one today!! That's a very beautiful picture...Jesus praying and touching your womb!!

We're continuing to pray too...

thanks for sharing!

Dar

christal said...

Hokey coolness is right! :) I've never thought to ask for prayer from Jesus!

Woo-hoo!! 11 weeks!!

Candice said...

Sooo intimate! Thanks for sharing. This intercessor's on her knees for you!